Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Prayer

Dear God,
I hope that I show you how much I love and appreciate You each and every day.  There have been times throughout my life where I have had to struggle, but I have never doubted that You were with me.  I sometimes wonder why I am experiencing so much pain, whether it be physical or mental, but I know that this is just a part of life, and I am not the only one who feels these emotions.
It is amazing, God, how my life has played out.  I have always known that You have a plan for each of us, and that those who trust in You will be rewarded, but I never could have imagined that You would bless me as much as you have done.
God, I thank You for blessing me with a beautiful daughter.  She was very tiny, and it was a struggle for her and for myself in the beginning of life, but I knew You were with me throughout the whole experience.  I remember feeling the security and warmth as she lay in the NICU under her little isolette.  You had calmed me when I should have been a complete mess.  You let me know in a way that only you can that everything would be just fine.  I trusted in You dear God, and You were right!  She is a happy, healthy 3 1/2 year old princess today.
God, I know that my first marriage ended in a divorce, but I feel that the reason that You had guided me to my daughter’s father was to have my daughter.  My kidneys were not going to wait until I found the perfect soul mate.  There is no reason to look back and wonder what the outcome would be had everything been different, as everything has laid out perfectly.
Despite a marriage that did not last, I am now forever connected with an amazing extended family:  my daughter’s grandfather, step-grandmother, great grandmother, and uncle.  These people are a testimony to Your love and devotion to us.  Throughout all obstacles, they have stood by me and my daughter, only looking out for what is best for us.
My daughter’s father has cut all connections with his father.  God, I know it hurts my daughter’s grandfather more than words can explain, but I also know that it is for the best.  Her father is not a true believer in You, and despite all of the blessings that You have placed in his life, he chooses to live by his own rules.  Dear God, I ask You to comfort my daughter’s grandfather during his toughest times, as he is truly an amazing person.
I thank You God for leading me to my husband and his daughter.  I wake up every morning smiling and go to bed every evening with that same warm smile.  Even with being as sick as I am, my husband has stood by me.  He has never known me to be healthy, yet he does not see the sick me.  He sees me for what I believe in and who I am beneath all of these illnesses.
His daughter, my-step daughter, is an absolutely beautiful little girl inside and out.  God, she loves You and truly lives by You.  She has had so much heartache for a child so young,  and yet she has never strayed from You.
I have the most wonderful family that anyone could ever dream of.  Dear God, I thank you for all you have given me.  I promise to always believe in You and to help others find their way to You.  I love You.
In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment