Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Here we go again!

Good evening! Or rather good morning... early morning. As you may have read in my earlier blogs, I have several health issues. I am in the middle of changing medications, trying new ones, weaning off of old ones, and it is taking a toll on my body right now.

I have been in a major flare up of Fibromyalgia flare up for about 6 months now. Before finding my current rheumatologist, I had gone to another one who believed that the only thing that would ever help me was steroid treatments of prednisone. I had no relief from the prednisone, but my doctor would not listen to me. I started to feel as if my symptoms were all in my head. How could I possibly feel so awful with being on steroids, muscle relaxers, and narcotics?

After months of agonizing pain that only the healthy can imagine when they are actively sick with the flu, I said enough is enough! I am extremely lucky to have a very good friend who is a nurse, who by the way just happens to work at my doctor's office. She sweet talked the top rheumatologist to take my case on and help me (this is a doctor who is not accepting new patients).

So, to make a long story short, I saw him and it was love at first visit! This doctor has taken his time to review my records all the way back to 1999 when all hell broke loose. He listens to my complaints and to be honest with you, I think he enjoys the challenge of trying to fix me!

No matter how wonderful my doctor is, I lay here in bed in a full fledged flare up of the dreadful Fibromyalgia. We have tried Lyrica with no success. I am onto Cymbalta as of 3 days ago. I should be able to tell within a couple of weeks if this will help me. I would love to be able to sit on my couch or in a chair for longer than 5 minutes before I want to curl up in a ball and curse the world for my muscles aching and my skin burning.

As if muscles and skin weren't enough of a problem, now I am experiencing more intense joint pain again and headaches are a daily occurrence. Oh Lupus why do you have to come back with a vengeance?

I sometimes wonder how much abuse my body can handle, but each time I begin to doubt myself, God reaches for my hand and guides me. My mother has always said that God doesn't give you more than you can handle. So, of course, you know what that means: I'm a force to be reckoned with.

Brent, just bear with me, and I am sorry for snoring, kicking you, grinding my teeth, and talking all night long in my sleep. And please try not to wake me up too much tonight to tell me to stop waking you up. If you just deal with it for tonight so I can finally get a little bit of a better night sleep, I will bake you a nice big batch of brownies! I love you honey!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better & that Brent gets those brownies! Miss you! (Maybe we can arrange getting together for a few days when my spring classes end...if ya want? Sometimes a couple days of girl time & vegging w/ a friend who "gets it" w/ the pain & fatigue helps my state of mind alot I know.

    ReplyDelete